8 Russian fighters and 4 cargo planes arrived in Belarus, at the Baranavichy military airfield from Russia.
Published on 16.1.2023
Arrived yesterday, among them:
4 Su-34 with registration numbers:
- RF-95001 – arrived at 4:05 p.m.;
- RF-*****4 – arrived at 4:05 p.m. (the registration number is being clarified);
- RF-81853 – arrived at 4:40 p.m.;
- RF-81862 – arrived at 4:50 p.m.
4 registered Su-30s
- RF-85805 – arrived at 3:50 p.m.;
- RF-85806 – arrived at 3:50 p.m.;
- RF-81874 – arrived at 4:20 p.m. from Kursk;
- RF-81875 – arrived at 4:20 p.m. from Kursk.
4 Russian military transport planes also arrived in Baranavichy today:
- An-12 (RF-93586) – arrived at 12:46;
- An-12 (RF-12560) – arrived at 5:05 p.m.;
- An-26 (RF-90319) – arrival at 5:10 p.m.;
- An-12 (RF-95409) – arrived at 5:50 p.m.
12 Russian helicopters had already arrived in Belarus on January 8, last.
Ready for invasion. The positions of the Ukrainian army on the border with Belarus.
Military expert Viktor Baranets explained why Russia keeps its troops in Belarus.
▪️ “We keep our group united in the territory of Belarus. His presence obliges the Ukrainians to maintain serious reservations in this regard. It is beneficial for us. Often in the art of war, a special technique is used when the enemy is forced to respond to maneuvers from the other side of the front. This is what is happening now, what the Ukrainians recognize”.
▪️ “Our Belarusian leadership group may well participate in a special operation on the territory of Ukraine. One of the harbingers of this is the recent visit to Belarus by Commander-in-Chief of Ground Forces Salyukov to inspect the group.”
In a month or two, Russia will launch an offensive against Ukraine on a broad front – Ukrainian political scientist Vadim Karasev.
According to the political scientist, for this, changes were made in the command of the special operation, when Valery Gerasimov, Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, became its chief.
“Very rarely does the Chief of the General Staff actually command a military front, a military operation. This means that they are seriously betting on achieving the results they consider maximum within a month and a half or two.
They will no longer be local operations, as they are now in Soledar or in the Bakhmut region… but they will already be a frontal, powerful offensive, perhaps on the whole front. And don’t forget the Belarusian border,” Karasev said.