The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation claims that Ukraine is in the “final stage” of creating the “dirty bomb” and has information. Part 1
Published on 24.10.2022
Zelenskyy has repeatedly called on NATO countries to hit Russia.
More recently, in an interview given to Canadian television networks on October 22, Mr Zelenskyy called on the world to hit the Kremlin if Russia hits the “decision center” on Bankova Street, where the office of the Ukrainian president is located.
According to the Russian Ministry of Defense, the radioactive substances emitted by Ukraine during the explosion of a “dirty bomb” can cover Poland and spread through the atmosphere to a distance of up to 1,500 kilometers.
Explanation (sorry for the image, it is from Russia)
On Sunday, the United States, Britain and France jointly rejected Russian claims that Ukraine is preparing to use a dirty bomb and warned Moscow against using any pretext for escalating the conflict.
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu made the allegation of a possible dirty bomb attack during a series of phone conversations with Western defense chiefs earlier on Sunday.
“Our countries have made it clear that we all reject Russia’s blatantly false allegations that Ukraine is preparing to use a dirty bomb on its own territory,” the US State Department said in a joint statement with the governments. British and French.
“The world would frown upon any attempt to use this allegation as a pretext for escalation,” the statement continued. “We also reject any pretense of escalation by Russia.”
A so-called dirty bomb is designed to contaminate a large area with radioactive materials, making it dangerous for civilians. It does not involve a nuclear explosion.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has strongly denounced Moscow’s claims, calling the allegation a Russian ploy for such an attack in Moscow’s eight-month war against its pro-Western neighbor. “The world should react as harshly as possible,” he said.
“If Russia calls and says Ukraine is allegedly preparing something, it means one thing: Russia has already prepared all of this,” Zelenskyy said in a video address on social media.
“Russia’s very threat to use nuclear weapons — and even more so against our country, which has renounced its nuclear arsenal… is a reason both for sanctions and for an even greater build-up of support for the Ukraine,” Zelenskyy said.
Mr. Shoigu conducted a series of telephone consultations with his British, French and Turkish counterparts, all members of NATO, after meeting with Mr. Austin on Friday.
During these calls, Mr. Shoigu expressed his “concerns about possible provocations by Ukraine with the use of a ‘dirty bomb'”, the Russian Defense Ministry said.
Mr. Shoigu and Mr. Austin spoke on Sunday, in what the Pentagon said was a follow-up call requested by Russia following their call on Friday.
“Secretary Austin rejected any pretext for Russian escalation and reaffirmed the value of continued communication in the context of Russia’s illegal and unwarranted war against Ukraine,” the official said later. Pentagon spokesman Pat Ryder.
When Shoigu and Austin spoke on Friday, it was only their second call since Moscow sent troops to Ukraine on Feb. 24.
The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation has information about the planning by the kyiv regime of a provocation related to the detonation of the “dirty bomb” or low-yield nuclear weapons.
The aim of this provocation is to accuse Russia of using weapons of mass destruction in the Ukrainian theater of operations and thus launch a powerful anti-Russian campaign in the world aimed at undermining confidence in Moscow.
According to available information, two organizations in Ukraine received specific instructions to create the so-called “dirty bomb”. The works are in the final stage.
A “dirty bomb” is a container containing radioactive isotopes and an explosive charge. When the charge explodes, the container is destroyed, and the radioactive substance is pulverized by a shock wave, while creating radioactive contamination of the environment.
Russia intends to raise in the UN the issue of the preparation of a “dirty bomb” by Kyiv-Lavrov.
The head of the Foreign Ministry said the data had been double-checked and it was not an empty accusation.
Ukrainian armed forces made four landing attempts in September and October to seize the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant, the Russian Defense Ministry said.
According to information available to the agency, two Ukrainian organizations have the specific mission of making a “dirty bomb”. The works are in the final phase.